Sunday, October 26, 2008

Money Origami – The Value of a Dollar

There are fewer than 60 shopping days until Christmas; the Dow has tumbled, making my 401k look like my first grade statement account with three quarters in it; I traded in my Lincoln Town Car for a Ford Peón; my cat, Rocky Balboa, is on dry food (he balked, but I convinced him he's still in training); I just bought a casserole cookbook featuring vegetarian and bean dishes; I sent away for a “Mix and Match” mail order catalog; and yet all the financial geniuses are in denial. They are still calling it a “recession,” when we all know this past week’s rise is only a dead cat bounce. It’s been non-stop “black Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.”

Alan Greenspan was tried and convicted in the media last week, but he pleaded “not guilty,” and did better than "Frankie Five Angels" before Congress. "This crisis, however, has turned out to be much broader than anything I could have imagined," he testified. Where, Frankie Five Angels alluded to "I was in the olive oil business...and I don't know nuttin about that."

My grandson has taken to wearing dark vampire glasses and a Ninja suit to the candy store, and Grandma Russo has been liquidating her gold fillings.

You can get a seat at Seafood Shack at 6:00 pm on Fridays. The hostess no longer gloats, directs you to a chair, and hands you a vibrator when you say you didn’t make a reservation. The waitresses constantily interrupt to ask "is everything OK?" 30 additional times during your meal, hoping for the extra quarter; and the Red Hat Ladies are staying home cooking red and purple gumbo.

All the ladies in my auxiliary still want to smack Martha for Christmas, but they have also come up with some ingenious gift ideas – Money Origami, "It's a good thing."

It’s amazing what you can create for $1. Take for instance this sculpture called “Value of a dollar”:



You can check out all the neat money origami’s you can make at DeviantART.


No comments: